03 Apr Association Board Meeting Minutes – Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Subject: Association Board Meeting Minutes — Tuesday, March 21, 2017
1. Tom Athens, President, called the meeting to order.
2. Allan Shelton led the Board in a prayer.
3. Mike McVicker led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Dennis Bashore presented the Minutes from the 2/7/17 meeting. A motion was made to accept the report. It was seconded and approved.
5. Jim Delmar, Treasurer, reported we had a current checking account balance of $256.04. A motion was made to accept the Treasurer’s report. It was seconded and approved.
6. The representatives from the B Division were asked if they had an interest in making changes to the Infield Fly rule and adding a Halo rule for their play. In both cases, the majority of the represented voted to not discuss any of the changes.
7. Dennis Bashore stressed to everyone about the importance of having everyone sign a roster before they can play. Also, the rosters must be delivered to Dennis before a team can play. He also explained the process for submitting weekly scores to him. That can done either by email(preferable) or by phone. The goal is to have scores on the website by Sunday evening or sooner..
8. Dues and rosters for the 2017 season collected.
9. Nathan Gomez, Pixel Clear Design provided a demonstration of our new league website. It is not quite finished but it is already available on the web – https://seniorsoftballdfw.com. At the conclusion of the demo, Nathan received a round of applause. Tom Athens stressed that we own this website and the web design.
10. Since no further business affected the A and B Divisions, they were allowed to leave the meeting if they wanted.
11. The C Representatives remained to discuss 3 recommendations to change playing rules.
1. There was a motion that any infield fly will be called an out, via the infield fly rule, if it hit in the infield dirt area. The change to the current rule is that “reasonably catchable” is removed. There was a second but the motion failed.
2. There was a motion that if there is a courtesy runner for the batter, the runner via a base hit, cannot advance beyond first base. The courtesy runner can advance per normal play with subsequent batters. The motion was seconded but it failed.
3. There was a motion that we should institute a “Halo Rule”. This means a parallel line would be drawn 12 inches from either edge of the pitching rubber. Any line drive hit within those lines, would be an automatic out. The motion was seconded but it failed
12. Tom adjourned the meeting.