20 Apr Metroplex Senior Softball Association Minutes-March 28, 2023
METROPLEX SENIOR SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION-MINUTES
- Tom Athens, President, called the meeting to order at 11:00a.m.
- The Board recited the Lord’s Prayer.
- The Board said the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Tom Athens led a roll call for teams that were in attendance; All teams (28) attended.
- There was a motion and a second to approve the February 14, 2023 minutes. The motion passed.
- Mike McGlothin, Treasurer, gave the Treasurer’s report. Receipts were $2260.50; after expenses, the current balance is $3923.50. There was a motion and a second to approve the report. The motion passed.
- Tom Athens provided the following general announcements
A. The projected 2023 Spring League opener is April 4th.
B. Only Dudley Thunder softballs supplied by the league will be used for league games. Replacements orange home plate mats were distributed to teams that had requested them
C. Certificate of Liability Insurance Certificates emailed to all coaches. Please ensure that your city contact has received a copy of the certificate. Can be used if your team plays in a tournament.
D. Spring schedules for all divisions are uploaded on the website. Men’s 60+ has 6 teams, 65+ East and 65+ West have 7 teams and 70+ West has 8 teams for t he Spring Season.
E. Steve Smith left fielder for the DeSoto Dukes 65+ team passed away in his sleep March 23rd.
F. Spring Leagues end on June 29th. (Senior Men 60+ will end on June 27th).
G. Fort Worth Bearcats (Senior Men 65+ West) will open their season at Gateway Park in Fort Worth due to field renovations at Rockwood Park.
H.Home team coach is responsible for turning in scores. Please turn scores in the day of the game either by text or email
I. Senior Men 60+ scores should be turned in to: Tom Athens, text: 817-271-5500, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
J. Senior Men 65+ East scores should be turned in to Steve Johnson, text: 214-458-8954, email: email@example.com
K. Senior Men 65+West & Senior Men 70+ West scores should be turned in to Mike McGlothin, text: 214-417-4343, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. New Business was opened for discussion by Tom Athens.
A. Fall Season will begin Tuesday August 29th and end on October 19th
B. Tournaments will be the week of Oct 23 thru Oct 27th
C. Coaches Meeting will be the first week of August. Date to be determined.
D. Golf Tournament date to be determined.
9. Tom Athens adjourned the meeting.