06 Oct MSCSA Board Meeting
METROPLEX SENIOR CITIZENS SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION
Subject: Association Board Meeting – September 23, 2021
1. Softball Tournament schedules were distributed before the meeting.
2. Tom Athens called the meeting to order.
3. The Board said the Lord’s Prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. There was a motion to approve the June 18th Meeting minutes. It was seconded and approved.
5. Jim Delmar reported we have $4853.02 in our checking account. There was a motion and a second to approve the Treasurer’s report. It was approved.
6. All softball tournaments will commence on 9/27. Senior Men 55+ will be held at the Hurst Complex 9/27-29. The Senior 65+(Upper) will be a six team round robin held at Irving Trinity View Park 9/27-29. The Senior 65+(lower) will be held at Harold Patterson Center in Arlington 9/27-10/1. There will be one umpire per game. Base coaches will not umpire.
7. Additional Tournament Information. Only players on the official team rosters will be allowed to play. All players are required to have played a minimum of six league games to be eligible. Any team found to have an illegal player will removed from the tournament. Covid rules will still be in effect. All teams will be required to turn in two copies of their lineup card – one to the umpire and one to the opposing team. Unique Tournament Rules can be found on the website under PLAY OF THE GAME Rule 10.
8. Our next Board meeting will be in November. At that time, we will review some of the rules we changed for the 2021 season .
9. Tom introduced David Martin our “Umpire in Chief”. David answered various questions about our tournament rules.
10. A motion was made to add to our rules – A courtesy runner can be replaced at any time prior to the first pitch to the batter whether the pitch is legal or illegal. The motion was seconded and approved.
11. There was a motion to add to our rules – If a batter has a courtesy runner and he(the batter) runs to first and touches the base he is called out. By a 9 to 8 vote the motion was not approved.
12. The Executive Board positions that will be open next year are President, Secretary and Member-at-Large. Tom told the Board that the current members of the Executive Committee do not plan to run any more softball tournaments. The tournaments are expensive(umpires cost $28/game) and it is just too complex. Persons who want to see the tournaments continue should consider running for an open position.
13. Tom adjourned the meeting.