26 Jun MSCSA Board Minutes – June 18, 2016
METROPLEX SENIOR CITIZENS SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION
Subject: Association Board Meeting – June 18, 2021
1. Before the meeting started, balls and schedules were distributed.
2. Tom Athens, President, called the meeting to order.
3. The Board said the Lord’s Prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. There was a motion to approve the Mar 23rd minutes. It was seconded and approved.
5. Jim Delmar, Treasurer, reported that we had a balance of $5,230.58. There was a motion to approve the Treasurer’s report. It was seconded and approved.
6. League play break begins Friday, June 25th and play resumes on July 6th. League play ends on 9/16.
7. The next Board meeting will be held the week of Sept 20.
8. Our League tournaments commence on 9/27 and run thru 10/1.
9. The golf tournament will be 10/13. It will be held at Prairie Lakes Golf course and will cost $45/golfter. The fee also covers a great meal.
10. During the first half of this year, the 55+ Div has been playing some games with the batter starting with a 1-1 count. There was a motion that starting in the second half all games will begin with a 1-1 count and include a courtesy foul ball. The motion was seconded and approved.
11. During the first half of this year, the 65+ Divisions have not had “runners lines” at second and third base. There was a motion to continue playing this way. It was seconded. The vote was 11 for and 7 opposed to the motion. The motion was passed.
12. There was a motion that the 65+ Divisions commence on the beginning of the 2nd half using the 1-1 count and courtesy foul ball(as the 55+ agreed to do). There was a second. The motion was passed by a vote of 12 for and 8 against.
13. Some East coaches requested that the league consider having a tournament in “the east”. Tom stated that he felt it was only fair that we look into doing that. He encouraged the coaches to approach potential cities that might we willing and able to be a host. He instructed that he be notified by the 3rd week of July if we have a potential cite in the East.
14. Tom introduced Perry Baptiste, coach of the Southlake Hornets. The executive committee agreed to let Perry have an Event Tab on our League website. Perry said he is working as a travel agent and is willing to coordinate events such as cruises, golf and bowling gatherings. The goal is give players a chance to meet more people in the league to have fun doing it.
15. Tom adjourned the meeting.