01 Apr METROPLEX SENIOR SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION MINUTES-March 17,2022
Senior Softball Association Minutes- March 17,2022
Association Board Meeting- March 17,2022
1. Tom Athens, President, called the meeting to order.
2. The Board recited the Lord’s Prayer.
3. The Board said the Pledge of Allegiance
4. Tom Athens led a roll call for teams that were present.
5. There was a motion and a second to approve the Feb. 8 minutes. The motion passed.
6. Jim Delmar, Treasurer, report that the current account balance is $1,078.10. There was a motion and a second to approve the treasurer’s report. The motion passed.
7. New Business was open for discussion by Tom Athens.
A. Tom announced that the West Division was having a Kick-Off luncheon on a trial basis. The luncheon is to be held on Saturday, March 26th between 11:30-1:00.
B. A request has been made to revise the “run-thru” line rule. A vote will be held at the coaches meeting prior to the July break, scheduled for June 22, 2022. C. Tom stated that league softballs are still on backorder. Currently, shipment is expected in the middle of April.
8. Several General Announcements were made.
A. The next coaches meeting is schedule for June 22,2022.
B. Tom announced league play begins on April 5th.
C. The break between the 1st half and 2nd half is July 1st thru July 18th.
D. Tom Athens suggested the coaches and players need to become familiar with MSCSA league rules that can be found on the website. Tom stated that our league rules were modified from USA/SSUSA rules.
E. Tom announce the death of Grand Prairie Mustang player, Wayne Anderson On March 2,2022.
F. Tom announced the website had been updated and schedules would begin to be uploaded this week end. During the season, coaches should send their scores as soon as possible after each game. The 55+ teams and the 65+ East teams should send their scores to Tom Athens. The 65+ West teams send their scores to Mike McGlothin. Scores can be sent by email or text.
9. Tom Athens adjourned the meeting.