16 Aug Metroplex Senior Softball Association Minutes-August 8, 2023
METROPLEX SENIOR SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION-MINUTES
- Tom Athens, President, called the meeting to order at 11:00a.m.
- The Board recited the Lord’s Prayer.
- The Board said the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Tom Athens led a roll call for teams that were in attendance; All Teams except Southlake Hornets attended.
- There was a motion and a second to approve the March 28, 2023 minutes. The motion passed.
- Mike McGlothin, Treasurer, gave the Treasurer’s report. Receipts were $3,666.45 including $3,016.28 for softballs. Purchase of softballs for tournament and next season takes advantage of current pricing that will increase next year. After expenses, the current balance is $6694.45. There was a motion and a second to approve the report. The motion passed.
- New Business
A. Distribution of softballs and Fall Season schedules
B. New players for Fall season pay $10 due to shortened season. No additional fees for players transferring from team that played in Spring season
C. League office elections (President and Member-At-Large) will be held at November 2023 meeting. Any candidates should be emailed to Steve Corder at: email@example.com
D. End of season tournaments: (Oct 23rd thru Oct 27th) Senior Men 60+ Tournament Coordinators: Steve Corder/ Tom Athens, Senior Men 65+ Coordinator: Steve Johnson, Senior Men 70+ Coordinator: Jim Gibbons
8. Tom Athens provided the following general announcements:
A. 2023 Fall League Opens: Senior Men 60+ – Aug 22nd, Senior Men 65+ & Senior Men 70+ August 29th
B. Annual end of season golf tournament will be held on Wednesday Oct 18th at the Prairie Lakes Golf Course.
C. Fall schedules for all divisions are uploaded on the websit
D. Any motions or changes concerning the 2024 season will be addressed at the Nov 2023 meeting.
E. New Coach for the Lewisville Outlaws Senior Men 70+ team: Mike Finch is replacing Dan Coyle. Dan will stay on as assistant coach and player
F. Fort Worth Bearcats (Senior Men 65+ West) will continue their fall season at Gateway Parkin Fort Worth due to field renovations at Rockwood Park
G.Home team coach is responsible for turning in scores. Please turn scores in the day of the game either by text or email
- Senior Men 60+ scores should be turned in to: Tom Athens, text: 817-271-5500, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Men 65+ East scores should be turned in to Steve Johnson, text: 214-458-8954, email: email@example.com
- Senior Men 65+West & Senior Men 70+ West scores should be turned in to Mike McGlothin, text: 214-417-4343, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
H. Next Coaches meeting: Nov 9 (Thursday)
I. Closing comments from board members
9. Tournament Breakouts by Age Groups: Final tournament discussions and decisions by each age division
10. Tom Athens adjourned the meeting.