01 Apr Board Minutes – March 21, 2019
METROPLEX SENIOR CITIZENS SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION
Subject: Association Minutes from the March 21, 2019 meeting.
1. Before the meeting, coaches delivered team rosters and checks(player’s fees).
2. Tom Athens, President, called the meeting to order.
3. There was a motion to approve the Feb 21st minutes. There was a second and it was approved.
4. Jim Delmar, Treasurer, reported that we have $1,554.93 in the Association checking account. There was a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report. It was seconded and approved.
5. Tom provided all the coaches a copy of the Flip-Flop rule. The rule can only be applied when both coaches agree and the visiting team must be 10 runes ahead.
6. Tom also provided information about warm up pitches. Key point is that after the first inning, the pitcher has one minute to deliver 3 warm up pitches. The ASA rule includes penalties for an excessive number of pitches.
7. The batter’s box diagram is on the website. Unfortunately some cities are not willing to lay down boxes for us. Where batting boxes do exist, at least one of the batter’s feet must be inside the batter’s box when the swing commences.
8. 55+ League coaches should send scores to Tom
9. 65+ League coaches should send scores to Dennis.
10. If a game is cancelled by teams, Tom or Jim D should be notified ASAP. Cities, especially those who do not charge for the use of their fields, don’t want to use resources to prepare a field if we aren’t going to be used.
11. Tom Athens should be notified of any change to team’s leadership(coaches and assistant coaches).
12. Softballs and homeplate mats were distributed.
13. The date of the golf tournament is on the website.
Tom adjourned the meeting