09 Mar Association Meeting Minutes on February 7, 2017
Posted at 01:33h in Minutes
Teams not in attendance were Desoto Dukes(C), Mesquite Generals, Duncanville Oilers(B) and Desoto Dukes(A).
- Tom Athens, President, called the meeting to order. Since this is the first meeting for him to preside, he introduced himself and Jim Gibbons who is the new Vice-President.
- Jim Thomas delivered a prayer and Tom led the Pledge of Allegiance.
- The minutes from the November 30, 2016 were approved.
- Tom led a lengthy discussion about the concerns that we have with the current website. For the past 9 months, the Join Tab has not been working. This means that potential new members have been signing up but no one has been contacting them. Sometimes it took 2-3 weeks for the scoring tables to be updates. The last meeting’s minutes were not posted. IDS has cancelled meetings and emails have been ignored. Because IDS owns our domain name, we have purchased one.
- Due to these on-going website issues, the Executive Committee solicited bids to build a website for us. The highest was $5k and the lowest was $2,100 plus a $30/monthly fee. The Exec Committee believes the bid lowest bid from PIXEL CLEAR is our best option. Tom asked the members to look at the 2016 Financials and the 2017 Projected Budget(handouts). This provided some of the information needed to make any substantial financial decisions.
- Tom provided more information about the development of a new website. At signing of a contract, we will have to provide a $500 payment. After that happens, the website should be ready in 1-2 weeks. We will ask IDS, current provider, to deactivate our current website. There was a motion to approve signing a contract with PIXEL CLEAR. It was seconded and approved.
- Jim Delmar delivered the Treasurer’s report. As of today, the checking account has a balance of 815.31.
- Tom asked all the new managers to stand and introduce themselves. He expressed the league’s appreciation for their efforts.
- Tom asked the Board to review our Playing Rules and the Coaches Corner(handouts). Recommended changes are in red and the green are for discussion. After some feedback he asked for any additional input to be sent to him via email.
- The current league By-Laws were reviewed. Suggestions for revision include:
- Member at Large duties include developing a list of nominees for each year’s Executive Committee openings.
- Remove Parliamentarian and Assistant Secretary positions from the Executive Committee.
- A motion was made to make these changes to the By-Laws. It was seconded and the motion was approved.
- The current By-Laws require Board approval for expenditures over $100. It was recommended that the amount be increased to $250. A motion was made to accept the recommendation. It was seconded and approved.
- The next meeting will be March 21st. Tom adjourned the meeting.
- Player Agreement and Liability Waiver forms were handed out before the meeting and softballs were distributed after the meeting.