02 Mar Association Board Minutes – February 23, 2021
METROPLEX SENIOR CITIZENS SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION
Subject: Association Minutes from the February 23, 2021 meeting.
1. The White Settlement Bearcats was the only team not represented.
2. Tom Athens, President, called the meeting to order.
3. The Board recited the Lord’s Prayer.
4. Tom led the Pledge of Allegiance.
5. There was a motion to accept the Minutes from the Nov. 11th meeting. It was seconded and approved.
6. Jim Delmar, Treasurer, reported we had a checking account balance of $2091.58. There was a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report. It was seconded and approved.
7. Tom reported that Lewisville and Grand Prairie required that all teams that played on their city fields had to carry Liability insurance. After quite a bit of research, Tom found the best deal from USA Softball. They will only charge us $20/team. Coaches are requested to turn in their $20. when we have our next meeting on March 23rd. Each coach needs to provide Tom the following information: City Name, City Contact and email address. Insurance certificates will be sent by the insurer. Each team coach will also get a card showing the team has insurance.
8. Tom reported that 3 members of our Association passed away since our last meeting. Jim Morgan(Richardson Raiders & Farmers Branch Elite), Bill Geiger((White Setttlement Bearcats) and Earnest Carrington(Duncanville Oilers).
9. Our projected season start date is March 30. 2021 important dates are on the website under current announcements tab.
10. There was a motion to continue to allow pitchers to wear a glove on their pitching hand. It was seconded and approved.
11. MSCSA Safety protocols are still in effect as required by the cities.
12. The names of this year’s divisions are:
a. Men 55+ Div
b. 65+ Red(East), 65+ White Div(West), 65+ Blue Div(West).
13. Schedules for the spring season are available. They should be posted on our
website by the March 23rd meeting.
13. Tom passed around this year’s softballs which have the MSCSA logo on them.
14. 2020 Senior Softball 40 year pins are available for teams that did not play last season. A limited number of softballs with the 40 year anniversary logo are for sale if anyone is interested, Price is $35/dz or $3/ball.
15. David Martin informed Tom that there are no new USA/ASA changes.
16. Per discussion, it was decided we will continue using the Mercy rule as we have the last year.
17. There was a motion to use the updated USA Softball Obstruction rule. It was seconded and approved.
18. At the end of the first half of the 2021 season, the Board will have the opportunity to decide if we should continue playing without lines at second and third base.
19. Dennis Bashore reviewed the procedures for completing the Rosters and submitting them to him.
20. Tom adjourned the meeting.