19 Oct ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING MINUTES – TUESDAY, OCT 3, 2017
METROPLEX SENIOR CITIZENS SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION
Subject: Association Meeting Minutes on October 3, 2017
Teams not in attendance were the A Division Teams, Richardson Raiders and Sachse Rangers
1. Tom Athens, President, called the meeting to order.
2. Prayer was led by Allan Shelton.
3. Mike McVikers led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Dennis Bashore, Secretary, presented the minutes from the July 2nd meeting, A motion was made
and seconded to approve the minutes. The minutes were approved.
5. Jim Delmar, Treasurer, reported we had a balance of $1270.23. For the year, we had 572 players pay our annual dues of $10. A motion was made and seconded to approve the Treasurer’s report. The motion was approved.
6. Dennis provided a brief Golf Tournament(Oct 25th) update. We still need one more team for us to qualify for some significant prizes via our contract with the golf course.
7. In November, we will be filling the positions of President, Secretary and Member-at-Large. Mike McVikers will be canvassing the Board for potential nominees. Dale Wilson has agreed to help Mike. Tom mentioned that no one from the C East Div sits on the Executive Committee and it would be nice to have all the Divisions represented.
8. Tom has been trying to get a corporate sponsor for our Association. Due to the fact that our organization does not have 501(c) 3 tax status, he has not been able to find one.
9. Our website’s Tournament Tab is operational. It has the Tournament Brackets and unique rules.
10. Jesse Flores made the following motion. If a batter carries a bat to first base, they will be called out. The motion was seconded but it did not pass.
11. A motion was made that a person transferring to a new team needs to play 6 games on his/her new team to be eligible to play in the year end tournament. The motion was seconded and approved.
12. Tom indicated that during the year he gets lots of requests for rule additions, deletions and changes. During our winter break, he would like a committee to review all the requests he has received and make recommendations to the Board before next season. The following folks agreed to serve: Dave Martin(Outlaws), Clint McLeroy(Bandits), Dale Wilson(Oilers), Bill Mego(Greyhounds), Charles Quessenberry(Texans) and Ken Marcus(Roadrunners).
13. Tom reported that the A Div Tournament will be on Oct 5th. The B Div will be playing in Hurst on Oct 9-11 and the C Div will begin Oct 10th in Arlington. Per the decision made at the last meeting, umpires will be provided for the losers bracket finals as well as the championship games. Teams will provided umpires for all the other games.
14. At the June 23rd meeting, the managers voted that the tournament games will have a time limit of 60 minutes. At the end of 60 minutes, teams will be notified that the next inning will be the last inning. There will be no time limit for the championship games.
15. Prizes: Each member of the winning B and C teams will be given a $20 Academy Gift card after each championship game. The cards will not decrease in value or have an expiration date, They can also be used individually or combined if a team wants to buy a team item.
16. The tournament brackets were distributed and reviewed. Some suggested changes to the brackets were made and were to be reviewed.
17. Tom adjourned the meeting.