30 Mar Association Board Meeting Minutes – March 22, 2018
METROPLEX SENIOR CITIZENS SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION
Subject: Association Board Meeting held on March 22. 2018
Before the start of the meeting, softballs and masks were distributed. Team rosters were submitted to the secretary and team fees were collected by the treasurer.
1. Tom Athens called the meeting to order.
2. Lynn Titus led the group in a prayer.
3. Tom led the Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Dennis Bashore, Secretary, presented the minutes from the 2/15/18 meeting. A motion was made and seconded to approve the minutes. The motion was passed.
5. Jim Delmar, Treasurer, reported we had a current balance of $461.43. A motion was made and seconded to approve the Treasurers report. The motion was passed.
6. Lynn Titus introduced Rudolf Fernendez as the new coach of the GP Gophers.
7. Tom announced that we were notified that Troy Wommack passed away. Troy had played for many years in the C West Div. He was 95 years old.
8. Based on a show of hands, we need to order two more masks.
9. Towards the end of June, we will have our next Board meeting. The second half schedule will be provided at that time.
10. Questions about rules should be send to David Martin. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
11. David gave a powerpoint presentation about various rules that sometimes generate issues. Topics included infield fly and loft of pitches.
12. Tom led a discussion about the infield fly rule. The B Division had a motion to leave as is. It was seconded and approved.
13. The C Division had a motion to eliminate the infield fly rule. It was seconded but did not pass.
14. The C Division had a motion to leave as is. It was seconded and approved.
15. Dennis encouraged the coaches to look at the game schedules on the website. Entering the data required lots of key strokes which is sure to generate errors. When an error is found, the coaches should contact Dennis or Tom.
16. Tom adjourned the meeting.
17. After the regular Board Meeting, the A and B Divisions voted to each have end of season round robin tournaments. The B Division voted to play it in 2 days instead of 1.